dilluns, 23 de febrer del 2009

BIBLIOTHEEK PINTOHUIS

The first time I visited Amsterdam was in the spring of the year 2004. I went to a library that is located in the centre of the city, near this bridge: the Bibliotheek Pintohuis.


In this library, that has a good collection of literature and movies, I discovered that the memberships of the Dutch library network must to pay an annual subscription to use the library services. For people up to 19 years of age this subscription is free. I didn't take any pictures of the library, but I promise that I was there!

Luckily I had kept a postcard from a picture of Vincent Van Gogh that I bought in the museum dedicated to him. It impressed me because the subject are books. The original picture is from 1888 and it's called "Study for the Romans Parisiens (Parisian Novels)". Van Gogh was an admirer of French Naturalist writers as Emile Zola and Guy de Maupassant.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada